Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chapter 1 Reflection

Chapter one deals with learning characteristics, what impacts learning, learning theories, educational technology, and why we use technology in the classroom. Technology is used in every classroom in some sort of way whether it is audio, video, media, and visuals. There are many different theorists in the education. There are many different reasons to use technology in a classroom. Students learn in different styles and having multiple styles is the only way to ensure that all students are able to get the most out of a lesson.

    I have always known about the multiple intelligences. I have never gone in depth about what all of the categories were. Now I know what the groups are and how all of them relate to one another. This will help me later on so I can maximize all of my material into each little group.

    I consider myself to have B. F. Skinners discipline model. I reinforce good behavior and try to shape the behavior of the students to be what I want it to be. I will also use the multiple intelligences in my classroom and recognize that not all students learn the same or have the same intelligences. I am going to try to use many different types of media in my classroom to try and hit every different type of learning styles that I can. It is my goals to have all of my students understand the material and in doing so I must learn how each of my students learns.

No comments:

Post a Comment