Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chapter 3 Reflection

This chapter deals with computers in the learning environment. It starts out talking about how computers work, dealing with the input, processing, storage, and output. The chapter then goes on to talking about input devices, system units, types of storage, and output devices. The chapter also describes different types of networks and the uses for each type. Finally the chapter talks about different types of software including operating systems, academic software, administrative, and utility programs.

    I enjoyed learning about the different parts of the computer in this chapter. I have built my own computer and some of the knowledge in this book could have made that job easier. I did however learn quite a bit of information during the process of building the computer. The other parts of the chapter that I found interesting were the different types of networking. I was never sure of the difference between a LAN and a WAN. Now I know that a LAN is a Local Area Network versus a WAN which is a Wide area network.

No comments:

Post a Comment